Wednesday, December 4, 2019

My insight on meditation

I have been practicing mindfulness/awareness meditation for some time now - over a year and what I like most about it is that I find that it helps me sleep deeper and better at night.

But despite the long time I have been practicing it already, I still find it hard to keep my mind focused on my breath for more than a few seconds. I am aware though when my brain gets to a dream state and I know that somehow I have gone into a different mental state.

I do not believe in the religious or supernatural aspect of meditation. However what I go for when I meditate is to get it back to a precognitive state when I become simply aware of my environment and nothing more. Much like our earliest ancestors when we were just beginning on our path to be humans.

No comments: