Wednesday, December 18, 2019

Jeepotel as cheap hotel

This is just a light bulb moment sparked by my frustration with the lack of decent and affordable accommodation when I travel around the country, especially in the Cordillera area.

My first thought was to convert jeeps into some sort of RVs for rent. Then another idea is to make them into expandable mobile rooms. Or as another option, why not just a chain of low cost lodging using the gaudy design of jeepneys as motif.

Personally, I am not a fan of the jeepney as a transport vehicle which I believe should now be replaced with more modern, convenient and rapid modes of transport.  What we should do with the jeepney is to evolve it for other uses  and the Jeepotels is just one idea.

Jeepotel may sound like 'cheap hotel' but so what?

No comments: