Saturday, October 26, 2013

A monument to ugliness



 At first I wondered what this structure in the picture was. To me it looked like a globe structure that was badly made and so it collapsed. Every time I pass by it, I look for signs that it was being worked on and I waited for it to be finally finished. Only recently did I learn that it was actually already finished and it cost the people of its host city several millions for this work of crap,,,,err art!

Public art should be something that a people can be proud of and not be ashamed of.

I don't know if there is a name for this structure. It is a masterpiece of ugliness and a reminder of how authorities waste public money on senseless undertakings.

This structure should be named after the highest public figure that approved its construction.


No comments: