Wednesday, October 9, 2013

A Park will rise here


It has been a while since I passed by the south end of the C6 road but when I happened to bike there recently, I was glad to learn that the local government of Taguig City is turning the south end portion of that place into a park. The C6 area which is on the edge of the Laguna de Bai  offers a wonderful view of the lake and has a great potential for becoming a tourist draw. I wish that eventually, the entire seven kilometer stretch of the dike area along C6 will be turned into a park. I was concerned before that the government was not doing anything to conserve or preserve the place which seemed to be degrading due to encroachment of informal settlers and unplanned development.

My hope for this park however is to become a world class national park that can compete in beauty with other famous parks in the world. This can even be a legacy of the Aquino Government to the people and I would not mind if we call this the "Matuwid na Daan" Park.


No comments: