Wednesday, March 25, 2009

A mosquito thing



We were having a dinner of grilled corn and sandwiches outside our house last night when we noticed that the pesky mosquitos were not attacking us as usual but instead were congregating over a pile of freshly eaten up corn on the cob. This was the reason why we noticed that the mosquitos were not bothering us with their usual ferocity as in other times.

This got me curious and thinking - if I can find out what is in the pile of that corn cobs, then maybe I can use that knowledge to make a new anti mosquito item.

1 comment:

Hayds said...

Yalu! Fidel

This reminds me of the flies in Australia.

In the Philippines flies "attack" food left on the table.

In Australia, flies "attack" people's faces. I think they are attracted to the moisture and oil on the face. It is really embarrassing during summer when all these flies hover around once face especially when you're talking. I find it helpful to use a Spanish fan but people who see me fanning myself on the street laugh at me. Hitsura lang nila. Hindi sila sanay na makakita ng nagpapaypay. Pero sa palagay ko naiinggit sila sa aking paypay.

Something for you to think about.

PS. Sorry I'm taking too long to comment on your children's story. It is a good story. Hopefully I will send you my comments this week.

Hayds