Wednesday, January 29, 2020

The Joy of plants

I am not really a plant expert or a seriously dedicated plant lover but maybe, I can pass off as an enthusiast. I find great joy in keeping plants and they do provide me with stress relief and give me something to fight off boredom and even depression.

One idea I am toying with at the moment is to start a Plant Sunday activity to invite and gather people with similar interest so we can talk about plants and swap seeds, seedlings and cuttings. For some, this might even become a livelihood as there is at the moment a noticeable public interest in indoor plants.

Just some possible activities during Plant Sunday
- learning about soil and its enhancement
- plant swap
- container making or even swap
- group project
- exhibit
- organized trips

The theme is always related to plants. But through this, we also engage with others and make our environment greener. In the process, we improve the quality of our life.

No comments: