Thursday, July 6, 2017

Mind map - an aid to memory



I learned about mind mapping while watching an NHK (Japan News Channel) feature on a brainstorming workshop for entrepreneurial thinking conducted by Professor Tina Seelig of Stanford University.

In this workshop, mind mapping was used as an instrument to bring out as many ideas related to a certain defined problem in order to eventually come up with a proposed solution.

I had a chance however to use mind mapping for a different purpose - as a memory aid.

The word I was trying to recall was at the tip of my tongue but I just could not come up with it. What I did was to draw an image of what I wanted to remember and jot down all associations I could think about it. I was doing this just as an exercise and wondering if it will be of help to me.

Suddenly however, the word just popped out of my mind and voila! I got the word I wanted.

No comments: