Thursday, July 20, 2017

Brainstorming and creativity as a way to relieve depression

It was while watching the entrepreneurship class/workshop of Stanford University Professor Tina Seelig through the NHK channel in Youtube that I heard this insight.

And yes I agree.

In my case, I know that when I am trying to think of something and creating something, I tend to forget the feeling of sadness, of hopelessness, of depression.

Neurologists may have the explanation why and how brainstorming can relieve depression but in my layman's mind, I liken the brain to a kingdom with many chambers where each chamber represent an aspect of all that we are- from our senses, emotion, consciousness etc.

We as the sovereign occupant of our mind can naturally be only in one place at any time. Thus, if we are in the chamber of creative thinking or doing, we tend to forget the negative feelings we have which reside in other chambers.

So to work!

.

No comments: