Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Soap tattoo


While making soap one day, I made an accidental discovery - soap tattooing.

After I made a batch of soap, I wrapped it in paper for maturing and using a ball pen, I wrote on the outside of the paper the date when I made the soap. When I unwrapped the soap some days later, I found that the date that I wrote on the paper had also seeped through the paper and onto the soap surface.

I have never seen a soap with an imprinted image on it yet. I do not know why other soap makers, industrial or artisanal have not tried it before (or I have not looked as widely)  but I think this accidental discovery is certainly worth pursuing.

One other thing that I learned in making soap - it may be easy to make but not as easy to sell. But this is really more of a business marketing challenge.

No comments: