Friday, March 16, 2012

A refuge in Antipolo

One weekday I found myself in Antipolo with plenty of time and nothing to do. Thinking of where to better spend my time, I decided to go to the Silangan Garden and Pinto Art Museum tucked somewhere in one of the hillside subdivisions in that city.




The place is indeed a pocket of tranquility in a city that is rapidly and wantonly urbanizing. Those looking for some peace and quiet can find refuge here. When I was there, I was fortunate to have a chance to talk with the caretaker/curator(?) in charge of the place and he kindly pointed out to me the value and significance of some of the plants found in the garden.

There is also an art gallery in the grounds of the garden. For me however, the beauty of nature found in the garden is enough reason for my visit.

No comments: