Wednesday, August 8, 2018

Hats off to Marikina and its 'Bayani'

Just a regular and  ordinary street in Marikina

Every time I go to Marikina which is not really very often, I am always impressed by how clean and orderly it is.

I believe this transformation of Marikina began during the time of Bayani Fernando. But even he had finished his full term, the local residents continued with what he has started. And for that I take my hat off to residents and the former Mayor of Marikina.

I believe our country can still benefit much from the leadership of Mr. Fernando even if it is only in his capacity as an ordinary citizen. He should put in writing his vision and idea and style of leadership. It will be a book worth reading.

If the government and people of Marikina can do this, I wonder why other places in the country can't follow.

No comments: