Thursday, March 12, 2015

Good morning Vigan!


I was not really expecting much from my first time visit to Vigan but to my surprise I had a pleasant experience and enjoyed my stay there. The city with her old houses does give one a feel of the old times. There were even areas in the city that reminded me of my childhood hometown now gone forever due to wanton urbanization.

For me however, the best time to go around the city is early in the morning when the city is just waking up and the tourists are still asleep - no crowd, less noise and more time to imagine how it was like living in the past.

 
The people I met in Vigan were also truly nice, friendly and welcoming. They are an asset of the city and are a factor of Vigan's tourism success.
 
Viva Vigan! more power and success to her people.

No comments: