Friday, October 31, 2014

Salted Egg experiment

 
 
I did not expect my experiment in making salted eggs with a different color to turn up well. But am very happy with the result. Am planning to call these eggs "ginintuan".
 
I have always been worried by the red dye used in the traditional red colored eggs. Dyes are not really the safest of chemicals but sometimes when you cut open the red eggs, one can not avoid staining the inside of the egg which eventually gets eaten.
 
At least with the Ginintuan eggs, the colorant I used is from a plant and so is very safe.
 
Taste wise, the result of this experiment is equally very good. One taster even likened the taste of the white of the egg to the local carabao cheese. Not too bland nor too salty.
 
Looks like I will just be making instead of buying the salted eggs for our table.
 
 
 
 
 
 


No comments: