Thursday, February 23, 2012

Quezon Food Find

Whenever I get a chance to travel around the country I try to look for something uniquely special in the place I visit. Most of the time however, I go home empty handed and disappointed.

On a trip to Lucban, Quezon however, I bought a pack of uraro cookies that was truly good and which I think can represent the best of Philippine food. It is not just a savory snack item but something we can proudly offer as gift or pasalubong to other people.


At first I just bought a pack of these cookies thinking it was like all the other uraro cookies in the market. But when I tasted it, I was converted. I don't know if my words can give justice to how good it was but let me just say that it was very very good and I was very happy to have encountered it. The brand name of the cookies is JR's and it is made in Catanauan, Quezon.

Another food item that I found interesting in Tayabas, Quezon was this "pilipit" snack supposedly made from squash. It is a good desert but best consumed immediately.




In Tayabas, Quezon is a restaurant where customers can eat on floating huts. Many people rave about this place and this is also our restaurant of choice whenever we happen to be around that area. However, I believe it will not hurt if the owners or management of this restaurant will strive to constantly upgrade their service and offering. The last time we were there, we just felt that we simply had a meal to satisfy our hunger buIt not a treat worth traveling to Quezon for.

No comments: